Sunday, April 22, 2018

30+ Is it possible to get a Cabin Crew job with Etihad, Emirates or Qatar?






















There are a lot of people out there that are wondering if Etihad, Qatar or Emirates hire people over the age of 30? I get this question a lot as well. Before I share my personal opinion on this lets check the age requirements that a couple of the Middle eastern airlines have right now. This is what they have mentioned in their job ads::::


Gulf Air:

Age: 23 - 30 years
......................

Oman Air:

Omani Male 18 – 35 years

Omani Female 18 – 35 years

Expatriate Female 21 – 31 years
........................

Kuwait Airways:

Between 20 to 32 years of age at the time of joining
...................................
Royal Jet VIP Cabin Crew:

Between 21 years of age (min hiring age) up to 31 years of age (maximum hiring age) before reaching 31st birthday
.....................................
Air Arabia:

Age: Between 20 to 26 years
...........................................
Saudia:


Minimum age is 20 years - Maximum age is 30 years.

(For those who have flying experience of 1 year or more with other airlines, maximum age is 35 years)
...........................................

I believe 100% that Etihad, Emirates and Qatar have a max age limit when it comes to their Cabin Crew positions. Some airlines openly advertise this and some don't.

Anyhow said this the ''oldest'' person I know that joined Qatar was 36 years old. That was last year 2019.

The ''oldest'' person I know that joined Etihad was 34 years old. But that was many years ago.

When it comes to Emirates, Emirates is known for hiring young candidates. They are known to prefer to hire below the age of 30. The ''oldest'' person that I know that joined Emirates was two years ago and she was 32 years old. I don't know anyone from year 2019 - today that was above the age of 30 that got hired by Emirates.

Most of the folks have been below the age of 30. I have also heard Emirates max age today is 32. Although that they prefer to hire below the age of 30. But 100% Emirates have a max age limit. But I believe Qatar and Etihad are more open to hire folks in the ages of 30-35 then what Emirates is.

Also as you guys saw above with other Middle Eastern airlines, all of them do not hire folks above the age of 35.

As of today 2020, I do not know anyone that joined Emirates being 30+. But again I believe Qatar/Etihad is OK with hiring up to 35, 36...

But it is really sad/disappointing that these airlines in ME have a max age limit. For example USA/EU/AUS airlines don't have a max age limit upon joining. Anyhow it is really disappointing.

10 comments:

  1. Hello again ! So much time has passed since I discovered your blog ! It was so useful for me!
    Well...I' m 31 years old at this time and that question regard age requirements has been in my head over and over again.
    This year, beeing 31 ,I have tried 2 times at Qatar.I 've made it both time till final interview and after each time I received a negative e-email (not been selected)
    This was in January and May.
    After that I went to an open day at Emirates in June.I didn't pass the CV drop.:(((And yesterday I went again to another open day at Emirates.The same story:not beeing selected after I gave my CV.I 'm very disappointed :(((..I feel so so sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ana
      100% Qatar Airways hire folks 30+. I know a girl that joined Qatar last year 2017 that was 33 years old. I heard many candidates between the age of 30-33 did join Qatar, so im pretty sure it is easier to join Qatar being 30-33. Also the fact that QR selected you 2 times to the final interview means they saw potential in you. Keep trying with Qatar, im sure sooner or later you will get the job offer from Qatar!
      I know others that tried many times with Qatar until they finally got it, so keep trying with Qatar! You are 31 and still have a shot at Qatar!
      As for Emirates you have still chances here as well as you are only 31. Yes EK do prefer to hire below the age of 30, but being 31 still works. I heard a girl got the job with Emirates this year being 31, so go after Emirates as well!
      You still have chances being 31!
      I wish you the best, good luck!!!! :-)

      Delete
  2. I 'm not sure what was the problem!My age, my scars, my English .....etc.It is a enigma for me.I have a little scars:one on my arm and one on my elbow.but are very tiny! It is so frustrating to be able to reach Final Interview two times and beeing rejected afterwards. :((I showed my scars on the reach test and the recruiters let me to go to the final interview anyway
    And with Emirates ...big disappointment. ..I have traveled to another city for the open day..waiting 4 hours to give my CV and after that a big NO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can anyone please provide me with the date Qatar Airways will be recruiting in Morocco
    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can check the Qatar open days list here:

      http://careers.qatarairways.com/qatarairways/vacancysearch.aspx

      Good luck Camilia :-)

      Delete
  4. Haha. Keep the faith. Nothing is impossible. In Malaysia, the supply of applicants are so high that entry level crews often get a position only after an average of 4-5 interviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW!!! Great post. Thanks for posting such great content.
    By the way, here is an offer going on cheap flight tickets. You can Grab best deals on Yop Travel.

    keep posting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post thank's for sharing his information. it is really helpful for us.

    If you are looking for affordable air travel, then it's best to go for Allegiant Airlines Reservations
    Booking Traveling by this airline, you will be offered with best airline services like live status, fresh meals and snacks, and live updates.call now +1-802-231-1806.

    ReplyDelete
  7. avianca airlines deal on airohub https://www.airohub.com/Avianca-Airlines.php

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT VACATIONS BEGIN WITH GREAT DEALS, CALL NOW SAVE UP TO 20% ON FLIGHTS
    https://www.airohub.com/interjet-airlines.php

    ReplyDelete

Emirates cabin crew accommodation

Have you ever wondered how the Emirates cabin crew accommodation looks like? Well this Emirates crew member has lived in many Emirates crew ...