Saturday, June 1, 2013

10 Questions with a Etihad Cabin Crew

A while ago i asked a dear friend of mine few questions who is currently working as a cabin crew for Etihad. I was curious to see how it was like for my friend to work as a crew and i thought it would be fun for you guys to read the answers directly from someone who is working for Etihad as well. Would give you a picture of how it is, or get a idea or even reflect on things. This is only my friends personal experience/thoughts and idea...
also the picture i attached is not of my friend ,,i just found this on google :-) enjoy the reading and hopefully this can give you HOPE or simply not to GIVE UP.... :-)






Was it your dream to become a Etihad Cabin Crew?

No, it all happened by coincidence

Now scoring this job, was it how you expected it to be?

It is in a way what I expected it to be, but there are a lot of other things that you don't know or expect out of this job "positive and negative thing"

Where is your favorite destination of all the places you been to so far?

I can't chose one destination and call it my favorite , I believe every destination I went to has something special about it. that being said, I must say I'm in love with Australia

Was it difficult during the initial training?

I won't lie and say it was the easiest thing I've done but it is doable you just have to concentrate and do your homework

How do you feel now scoring this amazing job many wish to have?

I feel great, it is a great opportunity to meet people from all over the world and travel everywhere

Whats the negative part of this job according to you?

I would say the negative part of it is that you are not always available on special family occasions and it becomes a bit hard to keep in touch with people.

Whats the positive part of this job according to you?

There are a lot of positive things that comes with the job, good pay, a chance to travel to places you never thought you will go to and meeting a lot of amazing people and some "not so amazing" but it is still a nice experience to deal with all sorts of people.

Can you tell us one of your crazy stories you had to experience being a cabin crew with Etihad?

There are a lot of crazy stories, I believe that some people just go crazy when they're on board an aircraft so imagine a 14 hours flight with people out of their minds ! lol . One story I won't forget though is when a lovely guest decided to write a complain about me when I told him "politely and with a smile" to hold on a minute when he asked me for a glass of water.


How do you think of living in Abu Dhabi?

It is great, can be a bit boring to be honest but you won't get bored as you will be travelling most of the time.

Is there any tips you can give to people who wish to become a cc with Etihad?

BE POSITIVE !!! When you get your chance and become a cc with etihad you will meet a lot of negative people who hate the job and complain about everything. chose not to listen to complainers, surround yourself with positive people who chose to look at the bright side and remember ANY problem you may face especially on board could be solved with a smile and a positive attitude



💚💚💚💚💚


4 comments:

  1. wao!!! ijust lov your last part of the conversation humbleness and positive mind will make you win in this life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your
    efforts and I am waiting for your next write ups thanks once again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's in fact very complex in this full of activity life to listen news on Television, therefore I just use web for that reason, and get the hottest news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I got the DOJ for Etihad on 7th of April :) I just have one question.
    Will they provide us some allowance when we arrive to have ''for start'' before our first pay-check, or we have to live on our own for the first month?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Emirates cabin crew accommodation

Have you ever wondered how the Emirates cabin crew accommodation looks like? Well this Emirates crew member has lived in many Emirates crew ...